Sunday, December 27, 2009

Just in time for the New Year

Six months flew by. New Zealand was everything I wanted and more. Dunedin will forever be one of my homes.

I arrived back into the states after many planes and small side meals. Felt good to drive up Narrows road and see the Christmas lights. I was welcomed home by Miss Barbara and two lovely cats. One fat and one skittish. Smokey RIP. Being home feels good. Clean house, good food and great company. I forgot how loud everyone was but I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Having everyone over for Christmas was amazing. My family is full of different characters but when they all come together, it just works. Lots of pasta and meatballs and many cookies. I sat on the couch full as can be listening to stories. I learn my 85 year old grandma has a boyfriend, good for her. My Aunt got so stoned she rub and hug everyone’s faces. It really was a great day. Ended the night watching Sex and the City with my Dad and Ira (commentator one and two).

Woke up to whole wheat French toast. Now sitting with Babs as she does her morning stretches, it feels good to be back.

So excited for more visitors, going back to bean town and eating pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment